CONTEST CLOSED! CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER: REBECKA EVANS
Saucy Mama's 2017 Recipe Contest
Calling all Burger and Bacon Fanatics!
Team Saucy Mama is gearing up to hit the competition kitchen again at the 2017 World Food Championships, and we're looking for ONE MORE PERSON to join our team! We're on the hunt for fabulous, social foodies to show us their best Saucy Mama recipe, and one lucky winner will join Team Saucy Mama in an expense-paid trip to compete at the 2017 World Food Championships (WFC) in Orange Beach, Alabama!
Need a quick catch up on WFC?
In a nutshell: the World Food Championships is a massive, invitation-only, live cooking competition in which hundreds of chefs (professional and home-cooks, alike!) flock from all over the world to compete in their category (such as dessert or sandwich) for money, bragging rights and sometimes even corporate endorsements and television time. All competitors at WFC have been accepted to attend the event by winning a previously qualifying contest or event. Check out our blog posts from years past, read our press release, or check out the official World Food Championships website.
For the fourth year in a row, Saucy Mama’s 2017 Recipe Contest is a PREFERRED QUALIFYING EVENT for WFC. So what exactly does our Saucy Mama Recipe Contest grand champion win?
- A World Food Championship Golden Ticket: your registration and entry into the 2017 WFC
- $1000 Travel Stipend: for WFC travel expenses (Nov. 8-14)*
- Team Saucy Mama Dinner with the group in Orange Beach
ALL participants will have the opportunity to try six Saucy Mama products of their choice for free, and host a Saucy Mama product giveaway on their blog/social media for their own readers!
*We do expect our grand prize winner to travel to the WFC event. Please do not apply for this contest if you’re unable to attend the WFC.
This year's Team Saucy Mama includes the following saucy ladies:
- Merry Graham- Sandwich Category
- Lisa Keys - Recipe Category
- Heather Walker - Dessert Category
- Kim Banick - Seafood Category
- Veronica Callaghan - Steak Category
Are you ready to join us yet?! We have a spot open in the burger or bacon category just waiting to be claimed. Please read our contest rules below, and then fill out an application.
CONTEST RULES (for full legal rules, please see OFFICIAL RULES below)
Who can enter?
We’re looking for awesome “saucies” who maintain a food blog and/or active, public social media presence surrounding food. Saucy Mama welcomes and encourages “home cooks” – you do not need to be a professional chef! The first 25 qualified applicants will be accepted. How can you qualify? Some basics are a must:
- Must be 18 and older.
- Must be a US resident.
- Food blog or public food social media profiles must be updated frequently (at least once per week) and have been in existence for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to travel to the WFC event in Orange Beach, Alabama, November 8-14, 2017 (if selected as grand prize winner) and compete in proper category (burger or bacon).
- Winner must take photo receiving the WFC Entry Golden Ticket, per guidelines of WFC (will be mailed to winner).
You may submit ONE recipe for Saucy Mama’s 2017 Recipe Contest. It must fall into the Burger or Bacon Category.
Qualified applicants will be able to choose six Saucy Mama products* for recipe creation, including mustards, marinades, wing sauces, salad dressings or other sauces. View them with photos and additional details on our website (note: there’s multiple pages of products), or use this list below:
- Chipotle Mustard
- Backyard Brat Mustard
- Smoky Garlic Mustard
- Champagne & Honey Mustard
- Hatch Chile Mustard
- Tarragon Lemon Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- Poblano Ranch Dressing
- Dill Mustard
- Creamy Garlic Mustard
- Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce
- Orange Habanero Wing Sauce
- Honey BBQ Wing Sauce
- Hot Wing Sauce
- Lime Chipotle Marinade
- Cracked Pepper Marinade
- Sweet Heat Marinade
- Parmesan Garlic Marinade
- Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Pacific Rim Ginger Dressing
- White Balsamic and Honey Dressing
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Miso Orange Dressing
- Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marinade
- Honey Dijon Dressing
- Creamy Horseradish
- Zesty Cocktail Sauce
This year, the following Saucy Mama items are NOT eligible for recipe testing: Apricot Ginger Mustard and all Saucy Mama Olives/Olive Juice.
You must use AT LEAST ONE of the above Saucy Mama products within your final recipe submission(s).
For all recipe submissions, we are looking for creations that are easy to recreate, delicious and of course, inventive. Kudos if the recipe is also great for families and/or parties. The Saucy Mama recipe must fall into one of these categories for WFC qualification:
You can read about the different categories on the WFC website. Please let us know if you have questions about your recipe and category.
*Note from WFC representatives: If the category is full at time of winner’s WFC registration, winner may have to switch to another open category.
How to Submit Your Recipe & Photo:
Please email your final recipe and photo of finished dish (preferably high-res) to Colette@barhyte.com. Please include the Saucy Mama bottle from your recipe in your photo. This contest will be judged blindly, so please DO NOT publish your recipe until the “Turn In Window” which is listed below in our timeline. Recipe must be publicly posted on your blog/social media during “Turn In Window” to be qualified.
In addition, we highly encourage you to share your recipes on any and all forms of social media – during the Turn In Window- including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Foodgawker, Tastespotting, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. Please tag us on your profiles so we can see that you've posted!
Recipes will be evaluated blindly by our judging panel based on taste, appearance, creativity and ease of re-creation (meaning that it's not too difficult for a home cook to do, ingredients are easily found, etc). We do also take into consideration the sharing of your recipe via social media sites and the quality of your final dish photo, although these are weighted slightly lower than the above criteria and should not discourage anyone from applying for this contest.
CONTEST TIMELINE & IMPORTANT INFO FOR POTENTIAL WINNER
- Wednesday, April 26: Applications accepted
- Wednesday, May 3: Applications closed
- Wednesday, May 24: Recipe and photo due to firstname.lastname@example.org (Do NOT publish on blog/any social media at this time)
- Wednesday, June 14 - Wednesday, June 21: "Turn in Window" (Recipe must be publicly posted on your blog/social media during this week)
- Thursday, June 22: Grand prize winner announced!
Grand Prize Winner’s Prizes and Expectations:
Our winner will receive:
- A Golden Ticket, which is entry into the 2017 WFC
- $1000 Travel Stipend to help winner get to Orange Beach for the WFC event (Nov. 8-14) which will be awarded onsite at the WFC.
- Team Saucy Mama Dinner with the group in Orange Beach
- MAJOR bragging rights, and the opportunity to compete against other cooks (and possibly win massive cash and/or even a TV spot) at the invitation-only WFC event.
As our grand prize winner, you will be expected to:
- Take a photo with your Golden Ticket (it will be mailed to winner) and email it to Barhyte Specialty Foods with permission for all types of marketing usage.
- Travel to Orange Beach, Alabama (Nov. 8-14)
- Compete at the WFC in the category of your winning recipe using at least one Saucy Mama product in your WFC recipes. You do NOT need to recreate the winning Saucy Mama recipe at WFC.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
Think you got what it takes to join Team Saucy Mama?
Fill out an application here!
PAST RECIPE CONTEST WINNERS
* * *
1. To enter Barhyte Specialty Foods’ current “Saucy Mama’s 2017 Recipe Contest,” fill out the online form. The first 25 qualified contestants will receive any six Saucy Mama products of their choice (excluding Saucy Mama Olives/Olive Juice and Apricot Ginger Mustard). One entry allowed per IP address. Contestant registration applications will be accepted beginning April 26, 2017 and close when the first 25 contestants have been accepted or when May 3rd arrives. Contest is only open to US residents who are 18 years of age or older and who currently maintain a blog or active food-related social media profiles*.
*Barhyte Specialty Foods has the right to qualify/disqualify any applicant as deemed necessary. It is possible that more than more or less than 25 applicants will be accepted at Barhyte’s discretion.
2. The contest timeline is as follows:
- Wednesday, April 26: Applications accepted
- Wednesday, May 3: Applications closed
- Wednesday, May 24: Recipe(s) and photo(s) due to Colette@barhyte.com (do NOT publish on blog/any social media at this time)
- Wednesday, June 14 - Wednesday, June 21: “Turn In Window” (Recipe must be publicly posted on your blog and social media during this week)
- Thursday, June 22 – Grand prize winner announced!
3. We will accept one recipe submission per participant. Recipes must fall into a proper WFC category to be considered for the grand prize. Categories are: burger and bacon. For all recipe submissions, we are looking for original creations. They will be blindly judged based on taste, appearance, creativity, and simplicity, with a smaller portion of points dedicated to the submitted photograph(s) and social media sharing. Submitted recipes MUST feature a Saucy Mama ingredient or be eliminated from the judging process.
4. Participants will send their recipe submission(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a (preferably) high quality photo by May 24, 2017. Because this is a blindly judged recipe contest, you must NOT share your recipe(s) or photos of your recipe(s) on your blog, social media profiles or closed/private cooking sites at this time. Those that do will be disqualified.
5. Participants must publicly share thier recipe(s) during official "Turn In Window" (June 14-21). Please tag Saucy Mama's social media accounts to show us that your posts are live. Social media sharing includes the following sites -but not limited to- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Foodgawker, Tastespotting, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+, etc.
6. OPTIONAL: Barhyte Specialty Foods is providing all qualified participants with the chance to offer one (1) package featuring three Saucy Mama products (except olives & Apricot Ginger Mustard) as an audience prize. Participants are allowed to give away that prize however they deem fit. Contest examples include blog giveaway, or as a Facebook or Twitter giveaway, etc. Participants may access and download photos of Saucy Mama items for promotional use on barhyte.com or anywhere on our website/social media sites. Each contestant may select one winner within the U.S. and notify Saucy Mama with the winner’s contact information no later than June 28, 2017. Participants are asked to send the winner’s name, shipping address and phone number by email to: email@example.com.
7. Saucy Mama’s judging panel will review all submissions and select a grand prize winner. Saucy Mama judges’ decisions are final.
8. The Grand Prize is Golden Ticket Entry to the World Food Championships in November 2017. A travel stipend of $1000 will be provided to the grand prize winner once they have arrived in Orange Beach, Alabama. All winning recipes will receive prominent attention on the Saucy Mama website, blog, social media, and also will be featured in other Saucy Mama and Barhyte Specialty Foods marketing materials.
*In the event that the grand prize winner refuses or cannot travel to WFC, Barhyte Specialty Foods has the right to select runner-up(s) to attend the competition in place of winner.
* * *
All recipes must be the original creation of the contestant, typed, and in English. All recipes that have won a previous national award, prize or competition or have been published in a national publication are ineligible and will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor, Barhyte Specialty Foods and/or those directed by them. All entries must be received by the submission deadlines listed above. Up to one recipe may be submitted per person.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries, including the recipes and essays, become property of Barhyte Specialty Foods and its affiliates and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Barhyte Specialty Foods and its affiliates shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries, including the recipes, photos, and essays, in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. The recipes, photos and accompanying information will be judged by Barhyte Specialty Foods Staff based on the following criteria: originality, creative use of ingredients, clarity of instructions, ease of preparation, taste, and overall appeal. Entrants being considered for selection may be contacted by Barhyte Specialty Foods for further information prior to final selection. Judging will conclude no later than June 22, 2017 when one Grand Prize winner will be selected.
Saucy Mama’s Recipe Contest is sponsored by Barhyte Specialty Foods. The World Food Championships is not affiliated with Barhyte Specialty Foods. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest Judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Colette Harris at Colette@barhyte.com. For a list of winners (available after June 22, 2017), or a copy of these Official Rules, visit Barhyte.com.
Note: Barhyte Specialty Foods has the right to alter any piece of these rules, including, but not limited to: timelines, number of contestants, winner selection, etc.
*While we would love to open the contest to our friends in Canada and overseas, at this time the Saucy Mama product line is not widely available in your countries, and the regulatory and related costs of shipping goods out of the US are cost prohibitive for our country. We certainly hope you’ll continue to watch www.Barhyte.com for other contests that are not limited geographically, while we work towards establishing a stronger distribution base in your area. We genuinely appreciate your understanding.